Well, the time has arrived for Kollin to go to school. I have dreaded this day for a few years now, as it is one of the many signs that my little guy is growing up! But, as much as I hate the idea, I know it's best for him so he can be prepared for kindergarten next year! So, we found a great preschool for him and he only goes three days a week. It still gives us time to hang out during the week when I am off of work. Keith and I had been trying to prepare him all summer that school would be starting soon, but he seemed strongly dislike that idea! That all changed when we went school shopping the week before school started! He picked out his backpack, a spiderman one, and he picked out his lunch box, Spongebob of course. Once he had those two items he was all set! He woke up early on the first day of school, packed his backpack with a few cars, and carried his lunchbox (which he calls his suitcase!). Dropping him off was REALLY tough for me. I took the entire day off of work since I knew that the tears would be too much to try and work with! He seemed to do okay. One of his friends is in his class (actually the daughter of one of my best friends from high school) so that made it easier for him. When I picked him up that afternoon he was full of smiles! He colored and played and read books- he was so excited! Let's hope his enthusiasm carries his through the rest of the school year!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Kollin goes to Preschool!
Well, the time has arrived for Kollin to go to school. I have dreaded this day for a few years now, as it is one of the many signs that my little guy is growing up! But, as much as I hate the idea, I know it's best for him so he can be prepared for kindergarten next year! So, we found a great preschool for him and he only goes three days a week. It still gives us time to hang out during the week when I am off of work. Keith and I had been trying to prepare him all summer that school would be starting soon, but he seemed strongly dislike that idea! That all changed when we went school shopping the week before school started! He picked out his backpack, a spiderman one, and he picked out his lunch box, Spongebob of course. Once he had those two items he was all set! He woke up early on the first day of school, packed his backpack with a few cars, and carried his lunchbox (which he calls his suitcase!). Dropping him off was REALLY tough for me. I took the entire day off of work since I knew that the tears would be too much to try and work with! He seemed to do okay. One of his friends is in his class (actually the daughter of one of my best friends from high school) so that made it easier for him. When I picked him up that afternoon he was full of smiles! He colored and played and read books- he was so excited! Let's hope his enthusiasm carries his through the rest of the school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment